samedi 15 janvier 2011

Painting: Matilde & her crown


A while ago, I sketched this little girl with a crown on the bottom side of a wooden box from which I removed the hinges and lid. For a few months, it accumulated dust and scratches... But on my vacation week, I finally picked it up, just as my urge for playing with acrylics kicked in ;-) 

So here it is: my first painting on wood (wooden dolls don't count!).

Some of you may know her cousin, acorn girl from Nutty friendship!

Removing masking tape after having dyed the box.

While waiting for the dye to dry, I started painting a little wooden doll. We'll see her in a later post :)

More masking tape. Painted a red stripe all around.

Also painted the back edges in red.

This is also the first time I used a little bit of medium.

99% done!
Her name is MATILDE.
This was an experimental painting - hence the use of an old box - but I am very happy with the results. I love it so much I probably will be making it into button badges and such..!

You can see more angles in my flickr gallery!

- lychee -

Aucun commentaire: