lundi 30 juin 2008

Sky traveller and all the pretty colours


I present to you, *sky traveller*.

I've been debating whether or not I should leave it in black and white. Because you see, I've never considered colouring my drawings in the past. I've always doodled in black or blue ink and it never crossed my mind to add colours. Strange, seeing how I absolutely LOVE colours. I rejoice at the sight of them. The more the merrier. Colours. I wear them. I smell them. I breathe them. I drink some before going to bed.

As I was saying (drifting away is so easy!), colours never made it to the papers I would scribble on. I think it was partly because I never thought I was good at colouring. I remember thinking that since I was 9 year-old. I guess it kinda stuck, eh? But that changed, over the past year. For this I want to thank Miss PASTEL. How I came to dig up these old, dirty and oily pastels, I don't know. All I know is that the smearing of them provides me with uncontrollable joy.

Joy. Uncontrollability. I must say that's a good duo.



I then transferred this new appreciation of colouring onto the computer and it was then that I fell in love... with a default Photoshop brush (I love you 55). Ever since I've taken the habit of scanning my drawings to then digitally colouring them.

But every once in a while, I bite my lip and wonder: should I leave it as it is?

So far I've resolved my dilemna by simply going through my usual process: scanning + colouring. I realized I get to have both; my original as it is, and the colour version, as somewhat a bonus. And I must admit that more often than not, I end up liking the second one... just as much as the black and white ;-)

All to say, this little skytraveller might well be the next print addition to our shop. I couldn't wait to give you a peak. Yay!

- lychee

* Color or colour ? *
For those whose left eye twitched whenever they saw the word colour written with a u, thinking "this girl can't spell", I will say that I am a proud Canadian (don't I time this well, it's july 1st in less than 24 hours - Happy birthday Canada!) and that I follow the Canadian English spelling, in which the word colour contains a u. How interesting, eh???

Aucun commentaire: