mercredi 28 janvier 2009
Ok, bloging is not my #1 priority, but what a long vacation it was!
I made soooooo many craft and project during this vacation that I need to make a few “How to” tutorial to share with the world!
I also did a lot of baking as this “King’s cake” (in French La galette des roi).
This is the recipe that I used for this cake. It was delicious but next year I will add pears in it!
French King’s Cake
- Flaky paste
- 1 cup of almond powder
- ½ cup of confectioner sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 tbs. of flour
- 1 tbs. of rum
- 3 small eggs
- A hard bean
- Melted butter to apply on the flaky paste along the way
1. Mix soften butter with the sugar, the flour, the rum, the almond powder and 3 of the eggs.
2. Place 6 layer of flaky paste in the bottom of a pie mould putting some melted butter between each layers. Cut the flaky paste with a pair of scissor to make a circle a little bit wider than the mould.
3. Put the mix and the hard bean onto the flaky paste. Put 6 more layers of flaky paste on top of the mix. Put a little bit of melted butter between each layers. Cut the flaky paste with a pair of scissor to make a circle a little bit wider than the mould. Put a little bit of melted butter on the edge and seal the pie by pressing together the flaky paste to create a crust.
4. Bake into a warm oven at 400°F for 20 minutes.